Re: Initial Value

Felix Miata wrote:
>>>Once reset is
>>>performed, medium should stand in the stead of the value from the
>>>parent.
>
>>Why?  Because you say it should?
>
> No. It's what the language of 15.8 says. It says ALL values reset, not
> most values reset or some values reset or all values reset except.

It says that all values are FIRST reset, and it also says that THEN,
after the reset, the values are set to the explicit values by the
contents of the ‘font’ property are set. This indeed means that, as
Boris explained, it will in effect do:

    font-size: medium;
    font-size: 70%;

When you have two rules like that in your stylesheet, the second will
take precedence per the cascading rules. The ‘font-size’ property, or
any property for that matter, can only have *one* value at a time, which
is 70% because it is set at a later time.

And per the definition of font size percentages, the computed value is
relative to the *parent* element’s font size, not to any previously
defined sizes for the same element which have been overridden by the
cascade (and therefore to the stylesheet processor are irrelevant and
ignored).

It is as clear as the sky. I suggest to continue this conversation
off-list by private mail, because this is going nowhere.

~Grauw