Re: [CSS21] font-size of HTML headings

OK, I'm sure we'd all agree that inconsistency
is a Bad Thing [tm], but which if these are you
advocating be adopted ?  Speaking for myself, and
bearing in mind the importance of accessibility,
I would advocate the use of either "em" or "%".
OTOH, although the first reference does indeed
use the term "absolute", it also makes it very clear
that these are only "absolute" w.r.t. "medium" which
is the user's preferred font size for normal text,
so in most people's minds these might well be
considered "relative", but relative to a base
size rather than to an inherited value.  On that
basis, the first reference does seem preferable,
IMHO.

Philip Taylor
--------