Re: New layout language.

From: <Kris@meridian-ds.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 18:58:02 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

Ok Orion, here's the css to do it.  As a preface, this only works in Moz,
but then I'd only expect it to.  Additionally, the view resized nicely
until I put your minimum numbers on there.  Initially it was completely
liquid resizing in all instances, with your minimums added it became less
pretty, but perhaps that could be fixed with a min-margin-left:unit; sort
of tag added to css.  It's actually a cool idea.  Here's the code, to do
what you said couldn't be done.  Took me about 45 minutes all told.  If I
could spell "position" it would have taken a LOT less.  Keep in mind I've
added all the bells and whistles here.  I'd personally pull all the
min-whatever attributes out, but you wanted them so they're there.  I think
the system you've described would have the same resize problems that css
has here, since I still don't see a difference between absolute positions
and what you're proposing.

Kris

body {
      padding:0px;