Re: The Progress of CSS

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 09:05:12 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> The core difference here is that using reflector they could look at
> the actual soure and duplicate it. Microsoft did the work up front and

.NET reflection cannot give you the source.  If it could there would
be a lot of commercial developers panicing and buying code obfuscators.

I would be surprised if unsassembling the intermediate language code
was allowed by the licence and probably goes beyond the EEC dispensations
on reverse engineering (which are often assumed to be more permissive
than they are).