Re: [CSS3 Text] Reference to JIS X 4051

Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:

> However, JIS X 4051 was substantially updated in 2004 and its title has
> changed, too.  JIS X 4051:1995 was replaced by JIS X 4051:2004 and is
> obsolete now, so unless the CSS WG has some compelling reason to stick
> to 1995 version, the reference should be updated to something like this:
>
>   [JIS4051]
>     JIS X 4051:2004. Formatting rules for Japanese documents.
>     (『日本語文書の組版方法』) Japanese Standards Association. 2004.
>
> Also note that "晝" (U+FF5D) is incorrect, it should be "書" (U+66F8).

Thanks, fixed internally.
  http://www.w3.org/Style/Group/css3-src/css3-text/

While we're on the topic, I have a question about JIS X 4051 --
One of the requests Ishida made was to have a clearer definition
of the line breaking rules and the difference between "strict" and
"loose". With some help from one of Melinda Grant's HP colleagues,
I've come to understand that the difference is in whether the
line-breaking restrictions marked as "optional" are followed. Does
JIS X 4051 formulate the line-breaking rules in this manner, so
that I can thus rely on it for both sets of rules?

~fantasai