Re: Question on collapsing margins and block reflow context roots

Ian Hickson wrote:
> IMHO the default rendering of <button> should be 'inline-block' and the
> default rendering of <fieldset> should be 'block', with the <legend>
> positioned over the border edge either via positioning or via extra-CSS
> means.

I'm aware that that is your opinion.  It even sorta works for button, but for
<fieldset> the extra-CSS means is exactly what you need; there's no way to get
the common default rendering of <fieldset> in CSS.

So the point of the question is, given that it IS a block reflow context root
(and that this is not changing), what should the margin collapsing behavior be?

-Boris