CSS property name incompatibilities

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:30:46 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
Apologies for not noticing this problem sooner.

I've just realized noticed that CSS3 Paged Media incorporates new CSS
properties to handle, among other things, conditional page breaks.
I think it's unfortunate that the CSS WG has not chosen to adopt the
XSL FO properties that already exist for this purpose. Electing to
invent new names for existing functionality in other W3C Recommendations
may impact interoperability and future compatible growth.

I encourage the CSS WG to reconsider their choice of property names
and values for functionality that they have independently reinvented
since the XSL FO Recommendation was published.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Many ideas grow better when