Re: Supporting propriety "Extensions"

I fail to see why the W3C would want to set up yet another
registration organisation. We have enough ways on the Internet
to distinguish companies, institutions and individuals.

To me, XML namespaces seems to be the best approach, because it
can rely on domain name registration. You can encode it in a URL,
as well as in a URN if you want. It is also a hierarchical approach,
because of the nature of URIs.

The W3C is making more and more concepts orthogonal. My proposal
goes into that direction. Note also that XML namespaces is a W3C
standard, so why not use it completely?

Werner.

--
Werner Donné  --  Re BVBA