Nullifying insidious HTML 3.2 constructs

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:01:51 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

Unable to physically prevent some of my less CSS-aware
colleagues from continuing to exploit HTML 3.2 low-level
markup such as <FONT>, <B>, <I> and <U>, I suddenly
realised on the way home last night that I could
nullify their worst efforts : the following snippet must,
I am sure, have been suggested years ago, yet I am unaware
of any references to it :

	<Style type="text/css" media="screen">
		FONT, B, I, U
			{