[css3-cascade] @media issues

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:12:37 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

Hi,

I want to raise two issues with the @media at-rule in the [css3-cascade]
draft.

1. I think that if @media has an empty list of media queries, it should be
equivalent to "all". So the following at-rules all have the media query
"all":

  @media {}
  @media all {}
  @media "foo" {}
  @media all "foo" {}

2. What should happen when the name is the empty string? I guess it should
work the same way as <link rel=stylesheet title=""> in HTML. In Mozilla and
Opera, the empty string is equivalent to no name at all (or the other way
around, no name is equivalent to the empty string). Thus, I think the
following should be equivalent:

  @media all {}
  @media all "" {}

Regards,