Re: styling xml with css - copying xml attribute values into CSS attribute values

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:20:24 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

Noah Scales wrote:
> Well, I'll use CSS to define my more meaningful tags
> as hypertext, hyperlinks included.  I'll let devices
> interpret my custom mark-up just like they interpret
> XHTML.

You're not applying meaning, you're applying a look. It may display
right, but you're making it impossible for assistive technology,
automated user agents, and any non-css enabled browsing devices to do
anything more meaningful than treat your custom markup as plain text.
If that is your goal then you will certainly succeed. NoahWeb, only
functional to sighted with a mouse whose browser applies the separate
stylesheet information?

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com