Re: CSS3 border-image limitation

Octavio Alvarez Piza wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I am pretty excited about the new border-image in CSS3. Reading through
> the Working Draft looks like it only works for solid colors in both, the
> outer and inner background. If either background is defined as
> "background: uri('file.png')", there would be a need for transparency in
> the border images, but how to tell the user agent if the transparency
> belongs to which background?
>
> Also, if both backgrounds are uri('outer.png') and uri('inner.png'), how
> would the user agent know what pixels of the image should be
> outer-transparent and which ones should be inner-transparent?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but the backgrounds and border
images are layered, one on top of the other. When you layer images, if
both pixels are transparent, then what is underneath will show through.
If the top one is transparent, the bottom one will show through. If the
top one is solid, then that is the pixel that is shown.

Does that answer your question?

~fantasai