underline of anchor link goes beyond text and across img

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:59:19 +0000
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>

please could you add a comment to this bug:

the attachment provided: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?
clearly shows that there may be a problem with the wording of the
Otherwise could you please add a comment explaining the reason?

I hope we get to meet up again sometime soon!

thanks again

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessible Solutions

** http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/text.html#propdef-text-decoration

"Text decorations on inline boxes are drawn across the entire
element, going
across any descendant elements without paying any attention to their

There is one exception mentioned in the paragraph before that but it
does not
apply here since the <a> has text.