[CLOSED] Re: Broad application of CSS hypertext pseudo-classes (as to SPARQL "link" elements)

On Sunday 04 December 2005 06:25, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 12:27:52AM -0400, Etan Wexler wrote:
> > Bert Bos wrote to the comments list
> > (<mailto:public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>) of the RDF Data Access
> > Working Group on 12 September 2005 in “Small comment on
> > rdf-sparql-xmlres and CSS styling”
> > (<mid:200509121741.02820.bert@w3.org>,
> >
> > <http://www.w3.org/mid/200509121741.02820.bert@w3.org>):
> > >It would be good if the spec mentioned that the <uri> element is
> > > to be considered a "hyperlink source anchor"[1] for the purpose
> > > of styling it with CSS. [...]
[...]
> I spoke with Bert about this and we came to the conclusion that
> neither the <uri> element nor the link should be considered a hyper
> link anchor because the SPARQL Results format is not designed to be
> presented to humans (unlike, say, HTML). There was also the argument
> that not all of the RDF nodes from which the <iri>s are culled is
> intended to be presented to humans.
>
> Bert, if you agree that this issue is closed, please reply
> accordingly. You can close the issue direction by prefacing the
> Subject with "[CLOSED]" where this message has "[OK?]".

I am satisfied with the answer.

I was confused by the fact that SPARQL-R is not RDF. Why would the
result of a query over RDF itself not be RDF, unless it was for easier
styling and display? But I understand that the format is designed for
easier processing by software that displays the result in some other
form than as a document.

Bert