Re: [CSS21] as-rendered properties

At 2:58 PM -0700 7/21/05, L. David Baron wrote:
>On Thursday 2005-07-21 17:38 -0400, Al Gilman wrote:
>>  at the CSS working group. What provision is being made in the CSS DOM
>>  API to acquire the final format css properties. This information is
>>  used by assistive technologies and in fact is a fulfillment
>>  requirement of accessibility APIs. It is valuable for platform
>
>How is the getComputedStyle method in
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Style-20001113/css.html#CSS-ViewCSS
>insufficient for this requirement?

The assistive technologies need to know the actual values of
presentation properties.

It is our understanding that the computed style may not reflect the
property values
that actually appear in the user experience.  Is this true?

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html#actual-value

When they differ, we need the actual values, as opposed to the computed values.

Thank you for you assistance in clarifying this comment.

Al
/for Protocols and Formats WG
more (member-only link):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wai-pf/2005JulSep/0175.html