Re: [CSS21] Style sheet definition

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:

> This comment is sent from both the CDF WG and the SVG WG.
>
>     A set of statements that specify presentation of a document.
>
> Given the generality of the definition (is a Java program a style sheet,
> if it parses and then presents a document?), it seems that another term
> 'CSS style sheet' should *also* be defined. Then, statements which apply
> only to CSS style sheets can be distinguished from those which apply to
> all possible style sheet languages.

So that we can ensure the new definition is adequate to resolve any
ambiguities that the CDF and SVG WGs believe exist, could the CDF and SVG
WGs please let us know which statements were considered to ambiguously
refer to either style sheets in general or CSS style sheets in particular,
and what the CDF and SVG WGs would consider appropriate language for the
definition of the "CSS style sheet" term?

We are not sure we can adequately address your concern without this
information.

Thanks,