Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

On Aug 26, 2005, at 21:29, Chris Lilley wrote:

> Thank you. If the fragments are stated in the spec to be legal SGML
> Text
> Entities then that would be satisfactory, although I am only aware of
> one CSS-enabled browser that uses an SGML parser.

FWIW, I agree with Hixie. Using extracts in examples is perfectly
reasonable and changing the examples would be a waste of time incurring
an unwanted opportunity cost (keeping the WG members from working on
something more useful).

Would you be satisfied if the spec stated the obvious and said that
some examples are extracts?

> I would be surprised if XHTML 2 requires a DOCTYPE declaration.

You are not the only one who'd be surprised.
http://copia.ogbuji.net/blog/2005-08-10/Today_s_XM

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi