Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:38:33 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On Friday 2005-08-26 19:48 -0400, Orion Adrian wrote:
> On 8/26/05, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> > On Friday 2005-08-26 19:19 -0400, Orion Adrian wrote:
> > > I will ask for one thing. How many man-hours a week are spent on CSS
> > > 2.1? I don't need anything approaching precision in the answer, but is
> > > it 10? 50? 100?
> >
> > <snip /> I'd say 25-50 sounds like a reasonable
> > estimate.
>
> Per person or collectively? I'm hoping per-person.

Total, collectively.  Working group members have other jobs:  some
represent implementors, and their main job is sometimes either writing
or testing their implementation.  The working group charter, like many
W3C WG charters, technically expects group members to spend 20% of their
time (i.e., 8 hours per week) on CSS working group work.  I'd guess that
the 10 or so active members of the group probably spend a little less
than this on average, but I could be wrong.

> Also are there any female editors on CSS 2.1?

Editors of CSS2.1, no.  Active members of the working group, yes.

This is getting quite off-topic.  Then again, I think people who dislike
large volume of mail have probably already unsubscribed.

-David

          Technical Lead, Layout & CSS, The Mozilla Foundation