Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

On Friday 2005-08-26 19:19 -0400, Orion Adrian wrote:
> I will ask for one thing. How many man-hours a week are spent on CSS
> 2.1? I don't need anything approaching precision in the answer, but is
> it 10? 50? 100?

Presuming you're asking how many person*hours **of working group
members** is what you're asking, I'd say 25-50 sounds like a reasonable
estimate.  However, the vast majority of that time is spent reading,
understanding, and checking changes that others are proposing, and it's
very hard for one person to know how much time others spend on that.  If
you're asking how much time is spent by working group members writing or
proposing textual changes to the spec, I'd guess it's probably a median
of 1 hour per week and a mean of 10.  But I'm not one of the editors,
and they might be able to give a better answer.

-David

          Technical Lead, Layout & CSS, The Mozilla Foundation