Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Adam Kuehn wrote:

> Ah, I see.  I misunderstood your earlier post.  Even changing case and
> closing tags you do not regard as a minor change.

Indeed, some of the most "minor" of changes have been the most insidious
in terms of introducing errors into the spec over the past few years.

> Here I think is where the fundamental disagreement lies.  Rather than
> "neophilic adherence to fashionable syntaxes", I think most would phrase
> it as "advocating careful coding practices".  But if the majority of the
> WG feels that the risks outweigh any benefit, then it doesn't much
> matter which spin one puts on it, does it?

I don't understand why adding "</P>" in that example is good. How is that
more "careful"? That end tag is optional in HTML4. All it does is increase
the number of nodes in the DOM.