Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

Chris Lilley wrote:

>In a fragment like this:
>
>   <DIV>
>     Some text
>     <P>More text</P>
>   </DIV>
>
>the fragment is itself a well formed XML document, thus meeting the
>minimum quality criteria.

So unless I'm misunderstanding something, you are pretty much just
saying, "Please close your tags, and use lower case more," is that
about it?  Doing that would seem to cover points 1 & 4 in your
original post, would it not?  I realize that I am presenting this in
a very informal and non-technical way, and I certainly don't want to
speak for Chris and the CDF WG, but doesn't that just about sum it
up?  Nobody expects a doctype for a bunch of three-line examples,
right?  So assuming that is a correct summary, is there some reason
the CSS WG would be unwilling to make those relatively minor changes
in the name of promoting careful authorship?  (I take it for granted
that most of the people reading this list would not leave an unclosed
paragraph in their own code.)

Ian has already responded that the CSS WG is unwilling to rework the
examples to use other markup languages for fear of introducing
unintended errors, so the only remaining issue would be placing the
examples in a separate file.

Just trying to distill things a little.
--

-Adam Kuehn