Re: [CSS21] Section 6.1.3

* Craig Northway wrote:
>What I'm trying to say in reply to your response is that I don't think
>saying "you must implement the model described in the rest of the
>specification" (hundreds of pages) makes it clear exactly what is
>required by the User Agent.

I'm afraid it's the first time we hear this on www-style. From your
comments I understand you would prefer if CSS made incorrect use of
RFC 2119 terminology; RFC 2119 notes "Imperatives of the type defined
in this memo must be used with care and sparingly"; making extensive
use of these imperatives would also make the document very difficult
to read in my opinion.

But we might misunderstand the intent here, as Ian pointed out, e.g.
a rewrite of http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/box.html#collapsing-margins
that would address your concern would be appreciated. It would also
be good to know why you picked the particular sections where you
found this unclear, I've so far failed to see a clear pattern here
that we could try to take into account. As you note, CSS "fails" to
make extensive use of imperatives throughout the specification.