Re: [CSS21] CSS3

* Robin Berjon wrote:
>I assume then that one can only accept confusion as being a natural part
>of specifications, at least when timely release is desire. I am not
>satisfied with this situation, but let it not keep you from advancing to CR.

No, not at all. But as I understand it, you and the SVG WG are con-
fused by the CSS WG working on CSS 2.1 and CSS 3.0 in parallel rather
than in series; pretending that this is not what is happening by re-
moving the references to CSS3 or making them less specific as proposed
here does not address that confusion.

Frankly, I do not even see how references like "Implementors should
look at CSS3 Lists instead, where these and many other new values not
found in CSS1 are defined in detail" really cause problems like "one
wonders why one is reading or implementing this specification when
ones that appear to be more advanced are available". It's in fact
explained in the draft,

  While many of these issues will be addressed by the upcoming
  CSS3 specifications, the current state of affairs hinders the
  implementation and interoperability of CSS2.

Indeed, it's sad that other working groups cause interoperability
problems by trying to address issues by developing specifications
in series rather than keeping specifications up to date and work
on the next version in parallel.