Re: [CSS21] Proof of CSS 2.1 / CSS 2.0

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:25:39 -0400
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

Le 05-08-23 à 17:38, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Karl Dubost wrote:
>> hmm (trying to understand your comment) You will have to do it for
>> entering PR? no?
>
> For CSS 2.1, yes. Not for CSS 2, which is what I understood you were
> asking for.

So if I follow the CSS WG.
     1. CSS 2.1 is a revision of CSS 2
     2. CSS doesn't need versioning because it's a full set of
technologies without compatibilities version
     3. CSS 2.1 will drop some features of CSS 2 which are not
implemented.

but I'm told so in this thread
     - That there are huge differences between CSS 2 and CSS 2.1
     - That it is not already demonstrated that some features of CSS
2 are not implemented (which was the reason to drop them).

I'm a bit confused. There's something not logical. I may have missed
a step. But the thread tends to confirm that the other issue about
versioning that the CDF WG raised, and that I have raised is important.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***