Re: [css21] anonymous block boxes versus block boxes

Staffan Måhlén wrote:
> Apparently people there agrees that "as high as possible" means
> including moving already positioned items.

Indeed.  Why would that not be the case, generally speaking?  How is having the
float inserted at the beginning of the line different from it being inserted at
the end of the line in this regard?

> Should the rec be relaxed to explictly allow or even changed to require
> Mozilla/IEs behavior?

Certainly not the former -- behavior should be predictable here, and you're
suggesting that two totally different layouts should both be considered conforming.

The latter I have no opinion on, but I think making that change would complicate
the spec unnecessarily.

-Boris