Re: [css-d] Styling form controls

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:50:27 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Forms elements are often the culprit of many issues. If I say display:
> block, I want a block. A block does not look like a checkbox. If the

If you create a check box that doesn't look like a check box, you have
created a usability and accessibilty problem, which is why I don't like
this idea at all.

The only reason I can see for permitting heavy styling of form controls
is that the alternative is worse, i.e. the use of scripting that makes
pages totally dependent on a visual interface and enabled scripting.