Re: Gradients in CSS3?

From: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 01:31:25 -0400
To: Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix@gmail.com>
CC: "www-style.w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Kelly Miller wrote:
> I was just wondering, was it ever debated why having some syntax for
> gradients (as opposed to solid colors) as part of CSS3 Color would be
> good/bad?  I was just thinking how interesting it might be if I could
> use a gradient on a CSS border.

   Considering there's been a lot of talk about using SVG files with
"background-image" and about support for multiple background images, I'm
not sure I see the point. Might be interesting if applied to something
other than the background, though, like font color. Gradients for
"opacity" might also be interesting.