Re: Solving the alpha images and background-color problem

From: Emrah BASKAYA <emrahbaskaya@hesido.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:21:22 +0300
To: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: "www-style.w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:26:10 +0300, David Woolley
<david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> the image. It is a problem in case the image doesn't load (as it is
>
> Or can't load.
>
> That's exactly why it doesn't fail gracefully.

It fails gracefully, as when you specify a stand-in color, that css code
is ignored by older browsers, which can earlier be fed the proper
background, I'm giving the example again, just in case.

background: red;
background: transparent standincolor(red) url(foo.png);

Is something wrong with this? Or are you for:
background: red;
background: red onbgimageload(transparent) url(foo.png);

Or you are not for any of these solutions? I would like to hear why this
wouldn't degrade gracefully.

--
Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com