Re: [css-d] Styling form controls

On 8/13/05, Christian Heilmann <codepo8@gmail.com> wrote:

> Browsers don't like the idea of you messing with their interactive GUI elements
> http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200409/styling_form_controls/

Most browsers get CSS for form elements wrong all the time. Safari
does the right thing for button elements.

> And even when you harness DOM to style them you will realise soon that
> form elements are more than just looks, they also need the proper
> interaction.

I want to use my gui and have the button funtion as a button. If I
want to submit or reset the form, I'll use the appropriate type
attribute, e.g. type="reset".

This question is not about using flash or javascript. It's not about
polling users with usability questions. Leave those for another
discussion. This issue is regarding controlling the appearance of
elements.

This question addresses these issues:
1) Styling form controls
2) Using the 'display' attribute to change a form element's display
from "native" or "auto".
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=192602

--
http://dhtmlkitchen.com/