Re: [css3-values] 'default' value

From: David Håsäther <hasather@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:31:51 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Instead of having 'default' as currently defined in some red text it
> would be nice for 'default' to match what is in the UA style sheet.

Agreed.

I've been thinking about something similar. There really should be a way
to set something back to the UAs default. This would be really nice in a
user stylesheet, e.g.:

  input, textarea { appearance: default; }

or similar (this obviously resets all properties). This could also be
used to reset styles from a persistant stylesheet in an alternate
stylesheet.

Or is there already something similar in some working draft that I've
missed?

--
David Håsäther