Re: [css3-values] attr() function

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:03:55 +0200
To: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

* Orion Adrian wrote:
>Doesn't this constitute a lost opportunity?

An opportunity to do what? To make the design extensible so we can
extend it later once we have clear use cases to address? To extend
the feature now even if we don't have clear use cases? Do we know
whether CSS is the right solution here? Couldn't it be done with
scripting? I really wouldn't mind replacing attr() by xpath() which
would address pretty much all use cases you could think of, but
XPath is not that popular here...