Re: css2.1 question

Ian Hickson wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Adam Kuehn wrote:
>

>>I'll stop looking now, but Philip's example is not isolated. Frankly, I
>>don't see the need for this convention at all.  There is no ambiguity in
>>any of these fragments.
>>

>Fair enough. Maybe we should indeed just remove it.

The other possibility might be to use an all-lowercase convention.  This
would of course mean all the examples would need reviewing and the HTML
changing as needed.

Second thoughts - this might not be a good idea in the case of HTML vs
XHTML behaviour conparison
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#q7

This leaves the suggestion of removing the stated convention as being
the obvious thing to do, and in addition making all the examples (except
the tables one) use lowercase to accomodate both HTML and XHTML.

Rick

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Roke Manor Research Ltd, Roke Manor, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0ZN, UK.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is proprietary to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.