Re: User constant declarations in style sheets

From: Barry <barry@polisource.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 00:37:33 -0400
To: <w3cstyle@karsites.net>, <www-style@w3.org>

If variables will be allowed, how about a built-in variable for each styled
element, like "var-p", or "style-p", so using <table style = "var-p"> would
give the table the same style as the paragraphs. Assigning the paragraph
style to a class in the style sheet would work, but it would save time if I
didn't have to edit the style sheet when I'm working on the HTML. Even if I
had the style sheet open, it would save time to have the built-ins because I
wouldn't have to think of, type, and remember a new class name. Maybe they
should be built-in classes, so you'd use them like <table class =  "var-p">.

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.