Re: Font Size options

From: Larry Israel <lisrael@cruzio.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:00:00 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

Bert Bos wrote:
> ('text-align-last' is for the alignment of the last line in a paragraph,
> which may be different from the other lines. Setting it to 'size'
> effectively says that the font size of the paragraph is adjusted so
> that the whole paragraph fits on one line and that line is fully
> justified. There are some tricky things to work out still, but at least
> when there are no sub-elements with absolute font-sizes, it should work
> as described.)

This would be a nice addition.

Why not add a ::last-line pseudo element? It would have much broader
applicability; it could be used with many properties.

But I suppose you'd still need another property to make a line of text
fill the whole width of the block. To serve the same function as the
proposed 'text-align-last', this would probably not work :
::last-line {display: block; width: 100%;}

Larry