RE: CSS 2.1 to become a recommendation?

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Mark Moore wrote:

> I agree.  It is a bit much to ask the WG to predict when there will be 2
> compliant implementations.
>
> On the other hand, I'd love to have some visibility into when the WG has
> scheduled (or even vaguely estimated) the first two items will close.
> Presumably, the open issues and the test cases are both under the
> control of the WG.

In theory, the first item in a few weeks, the second item at the end of
the year. However, the more issues we receive, the longer the first item
takes to finish, so that's only an estimate. And the test suite won't be
finished at the end of the year; a test suite for a spec on the scale of
CSS2.1 will probably never be truly finished.

There is an early draft of the test suite here:

   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/