Re: [css3-background] comments

From: Ryan Cannon <ryan@ryancannon.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:54:06 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
CC: www-style@w3.org

> As Photoshop doesn't generate vector graphics I doubt designers will
> use 'border-image' as browsers are not particularly good at scaling.

But Adobe Illustrator does. As do countless open-source graphics
programs. Vector graphics are (IMO, hopefully) the future of web
graphics, and browsers will probably implement this property at the same
time as native SVG. CSS should be ready and waiting.

Ryan Cannon
Instructional Technology
Web Design
RyanCannon.com <http://ryancannon.com/?refer=email>