Minimum/maximum width/height for elements/columns in CSS3 ?

From: Stéphane Martineau <smarth@mail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 02:18:31 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Sorry if something like this has already been discussed or it's already
in the proposed spec. If so, I'll appreciate links on the subject.

The concept is simple, can be done with tables and IMO should had
been available since CSS1. The idea is simply to be able to limit the size
of automatically sized elements, or at the very least, of the proposed
multi-column layout of CSS3.

This will make CSS pages look much better when browser windows
are shrinked beyond a certain limit. That's probably the only reason
why sometime I still uses tables for page layout that contain variable
width columns.

Anything like that is planned for CSS3 ?