Re: Anti-aliasing border corners [spin-off of Style confirmation descriptors]

Emrah BASKAYA wrote:
> A straight vertical or horizontal line canNOT produce extra pixels if they
> are not positioned with a sub-pixel accurate method or given sub-pixel
> accurate widths. The 'aggressiveness' of anti-aliasing is a non-issue.

Maybe Windows font-smoothing thickened the straight part of the letter
because it cares more about smoothness than proper shape, or maybe there
really should be a curve there. I don't know what anti-aliasing could do,
but it would be nice to be able to adjust the softness or blur of borders.
Then I'd want to decide whether the blur should overlap the text or not. I'd
want to know that I can set "margin:1px" and not have an overlap with
"border-blur:20%." Or with a shadow.

I found a CSS shadow example at
http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/shadows-demo.html . I hope there are
plans for something better.