Re: Style confirmation descriptors

Laurens Holst  wrote:
> Barry was talking about only applying
> anti-aliasing to borders with a width of 2 pixels or more. Though I
> don't know why it would not apply to 1-pixel borders.

Because I wanted "slight" anti-aliasing to be the default, and I was
thinking that adding anti-aliasing pixels to a one pixel-width border would
kind of double the width while anti-aliasing a two pixel-width border would
increase the width by only 1/3, which would blend with the straight,
un-anti-aliased part better.

> Now unless someone's going to bring in some new ideas to this and some
> of the other discussions, I'm getting a bit tired of it....When discussing
> new
> things, let's also not invent new syntax for everything we want. I think
> proposing one or a few additional properties has a much higher chance of
> success.

I guess you're referring to my Style Confirmation Descriptors. I think that
thread is compact enough to not tire anyone, except for my first couple of
posts which I apparently should have explained better. The CSS version of
the idea seems dead and burried now. Something similar could be achieved
through scripting, by programmatically taking and analysing a screen shot.
Maybe I'll work on it some day, but it really belongs in CSS (and HTML).