Re: Stand-in color before images load

From: Emrah BASKAYA <emrahbaskaya@hesido.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:40:24 +0300
To: www-style@w3.org

Quoting Ben Ward <benmward@gmail.com>:

> I wonder if having a generic @group would be a bad idea and pose
> future compatibility problems which could be avoided if using
> @something-specific. However, I do still think that specifying a
> particular property as being !required within that block (opt-in) is
> more intuitive than doing the reverse.
>
> Ben
> --

Why not have both approaches (maybe with their own seperate syntax?)

The author would then choose to use either method depending on how many opt-in's
and opt-out's he has in that block.

I found Mikko Rantalainen's !not-required idea very intuitive indeed.

Emrah BASKAYA
p.s. Not related to this subject, but my pseudo-parent idea was ignored due to
my bad presentation and its resemblance to ::outside on the first glance (but
it is actually totally different.). I'll re-post the idea later with a better
presentation. But while you're at it, please check my earlier post!