Re: Conditional CSS sections based on property support

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 21:01:16 +0100 (BST), David Woolley
<david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I wrote:
>
>> This is at best a flawed example.  In this context, color and
>> background-color
>> almost certainly must be !required, as colours should always be set in
>> sets to ensure contrast.

The authors' potential to mis-use a css feature is mainly the autor's
problem and this should not be a reason not to implement a feature. We are
allowed to have a green font on green background which is barely readable,
which is not good. But still, we can.

> Actually this raises one a possibly serious problem with all-or-nothing
> type processing.
>
> The problem is that what one really wants to test is whether the style
> rule would be effective, not just whether it is supported.  With
> !important rules, one could end up with a forward reference, if not
> circularity.

Testing whether the style would be effective instead of being supported is
indeed a very good idea. Ideas keep getting better and better.

--
Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com