[css3-ui] ::value

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:42:09 +0200
To: W3C CSS List <www-style@w3.org>

I was wondering what the difference is between:

  xhtml|input

... and:

  xhtml|input::value

... as I think both more or less represent the same. In XForms there is
a clear distintion as xforms:input always has a xforms:label child
element and an anonymous input box, which ::value selects.

Or, since xhtml:input does not contain a label - its content model is
empty, should ::value not apply to it? If that is true, should ::value
still apply to an empty, invalid xforms:input?

(In Mozilla that anonymous input box actually is xhtml:input.)

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>