Re: Targeting CSS3 only (evil?), either with pseudoclass or an extra syntax for properties.

Barry wrote:
> I wouldn't mind that, but I'd rather see more browsers support
> conditional comments.

Conditional comments are a dirty hack designed by Microsoft to promote
the evil practice of browser sniffing, in order to...

   "...take advantage of the enhanced features and performance offered by
    Internet Explorer 5 and later versions". [1]

Given that, that document refers to every non-IE-5/6 browser as
downlevel, and the fact that every single modern browser available now
is more advanced than IE6, I can't believe anyone would consider them a
good idea for other browsers to implement.

Their use encourages the practice of coding for specific browsers, which
goes against the whole purpose of standardisation!  CSS hacks do too,
but they don't pollute the document markup and they're more acceptable
if used in moderation and when absolutely necessary to maintain
accessibility.

[1]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/ccomment_ovw.asp

--