Re: Stand-in color before images load

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 20:23:53 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> However, as much as some will hate me for this, I'd really like to have a
> null pseudo-class that targets css3 capable agents only, e.g. p:css3 {} ,

Variations on this come up frequently.  The problems are:

- user agents are not pure CSS 2 or CSS 3 agents (this may have changed, but
  I think there are no CSS 2 agents, only ones with CSS 1 (possibly
  partial) and parts of CSS2);
- marketing departments interpret compliance optimistically;
- errors in conformance claims in the implementation are likely to
  have a low priority for fixing.