Re: More controlled degrading, @supported at-rule

Daniël Pelsmaeker wrote:

> It almost looks like a 'feature selector'. And it doesn't specify a way to
> determine whether a CSS3 module is implemented or a CSS2 specification part.

It is a feature selector.

> I certainly like the idea, but I would go for specifying the modules and
> specifications that are required for the rule blocks instead. For example:
>
> @supported [ CSS3-Color; ] { #myel { color: blue; } }

I don't think that named modules is great idea. Incremental support for
CSS has been the rule for years, and I don't think that the situation is
going to change much in the future. Mozilla already has support for
opacity: but does not, to the best of my knowledge, support RGBA color
values. Besides, how would you detect support for vendor-specific
properties like -moz-binding or the Ms behavior property?

--BDS