background images

From: Paul Bellows <paul@yellowpencil.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:43:00 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
Ah.  Multiple background images.

given the following statement
body {background: url(foo) url(bar);}
it seems to make sense to me that it would follow the rather common x-y
sequence.  so that the most commonly stated order of each axis would be
repeated in this case.

Also, though initially it seems to make sense to me that some sort of
punctuation would delineate the x vs y bg images, especially when you
 start to add in additional parameters like
body {background: #fff url(foo) repeat-x 3em 50px url(bar) repeat-y 0
 50px} that's an unfamiliar CSS convention.  Precedent would seem to
 indicate that punctuation for multiple properties should not be
 separated by spaces.

Thanks for the work.

pb
--
Paul Bellows :: Yellow Pencil
http://www.yellowpencil.com <http://www.yellowpencil.com/>
#230, 10113 104 Street, Edmonton, AB T5J 1A1
780.423.5917