Re: Multiple Background Images

From: by way of Bert Bos <cirrus@linuxgames.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:31:12 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

Hi there!

I second Lachlan's suggestion - backgrounds should be painted top to
bottom in the order they appear and it should be possible to position,
attach and repeat each individually (that would finally give people a
neat way to give elements rounded corners - they can just use 4 corner
image backgrounds positioned in the respective corners).

As for the delimiter perhaps a comma would be preferable since that is
what the font-family attribute uses so it would perhaps be a little
more consistent than a pipe symbol.

Finally, regarding the colours I agree that it makes sense to place
them below all the images but perhaps we should go a step further and
only allow the first background in the list to specify a colour. Solid
colours will completely cover each other so you'll only ever see one
colour anyway.

Just my 2ยข...

	-James

--