Re: Error Parsing

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:44:55 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Should an UA ignore the entire rule set, or just ignore the loose */ ?

No.  Because future extensions might give a meaining to * in this
context and the error recovery rules are not about recovery from
error, but about recovery from unknown new features.

> Reading <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#parsing-errors>,
> I'm a bit in doubt in this particular case.

It seems to match this case:

     * Malformed declarations. User agents must handle unexpected tokens

in which the examples clearly show that the preceding valid rules are
honoured.