Re: Revising text wrapping, line breaking, and white space properties in CSS3 (CSS3 Text: 6 and 7)

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:13:52 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

Larry Israel wrote:

> 1. In terms of the nomenclature, words like "option" and "handling" add no
> meaning in this context. Brevity is very important...

I agree with this.

> Maybe some further brainstorming would provide more-useful names?  In the
> spirit of brainstorming, maybe instead of "wrap-option", maybe word-wrap,
> line-wrap, or text-wrap. And instead of "white-space-handling", maybe
> spaces, or space-chars.

The name wrap-option is inherited from XSL. I suppose we could change it;
I will check with the XSL working group once the values are stable.

As for white-space-sth, I'm considering these three:

   white-space-collapse: discard | preserve | collapse etc.
   white-space-discard:  discard | preserve | collapse etc.
   white-space-preserve: discard | preserve | collapse etc.

~fantasai

--
http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact