RE: Revising text wrapping, line breaking, and white space properties in CSS3 (CSS3 Text: 6 and 7)

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:36:45 +0100
To: <www-style@w3.org>, <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>, <w3c-i18n-wg@w3.org>

For what it's worth, I made a quick summary of my suggestions in the past few notes wrt properties and values for white space and text wrapping, using my preferred names, and in the order in which I think they should be introduced in the spec (to aid reader's understanding).  It looked like this:

white-space-handling:
discard | preserve | auto-collapse-breaks | space-collapse-breaks | zero-width-collapse-breaks | discard-breaks | preserve-breaks

wrap-option:
wrap | no-wrap | simple-wrap | long-word-wrap | keep-all-words | break-all-words

cjk-line-break:
normal | strict | none

hyphenation:
none | hyphenate